Lotus Travel Crib Vs. Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light
Lotus Travel Crib Vs. Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light
If you have any travel plans with baby on the horizon, it’s time for you to choose a travel crib.
By now, you’ve likely scoured mommy blogs, surveyed your friends and family, and sat down with every pediatrician who’d give you a moment of time in search of one single answer: which travel crib is best for my baby?
You’ve done your research, made your list, and narrowed it down to two options: the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light and the Lotus Travel Crib.
If you’ve made it to the final round of the travel crib showdown but you’re still unsure which finalist to choose, you’re in luck.
We’re here to break down the two travel cribs for you, so that you can make the most educated (and best) choice for your baby. We’ve taken a look at the must-have features of the modern travel crib, including:
Let’s dive in and discover how the Lotus Travel Crib and Baby Bjorn Travel Crib compare.
- Measurements: The Lotus has a lager top opening and more vertical sides, which makes the internal volume much larger than the bjorn, while keeping the same footprint on the ground. This means it’s roomier inside for your little one, especially as they grow and are more active.
- Mesh Siding: Each travel crib is made of mesh that is both transparent and breathable; these features are designed to help parents see their little one at sleep or at play.
- Mattress: Both cribs share one key design element: their mattresses are on the floor. Many parents lament the noisiness of many travel cribs that feature an elevated mattress. As your child moves, the noise of the movements can wake both you and baby.
An insulated, thick travel crib mattress on the floor reduces excess noise. It also makes the cribs stable and durable. Most importantly, however, a mattress on the floor means that there’s no weight limit for the cribs. Everyone is supported—no matter their size.
- Zippered Side Entry: The real standout feature in terms of design is the Lotus Travel Crib’s zippered side-entry door. This is one of our customers’ favorite features. Nearly the entire side of the Lotus Travel Crib unzips, allowing easy in and out entry for you and baby—no more stretching in awkward ways to reach your little one.
Unzip during the day to expand baby’s world for playtime with ease. When the sun goes down and it’s time for bed, the open door allows you to slide in and nurse baby to sleep. When you’re done, simply slide out, zip up, and sleep peacefully knowing that baby is safe and sound.
This feature makes the Lotus the superior option, adding functionality and ease to fantastic design you won’t find in any other travel crib.
Design Winner: Lotus Travel Crib
A travel crib designed with you and your baby in mind.
Transform the way your family travels with the Lotus Travel Crib.Shop Now
Portability is essential to a good travel crib—they’re built for use on the go, after all! Let’s see how the Lotus Travel Crib stacks up against the Baby Bjorn when it comes to travel.
- Weight: Both the Lotus Travel Crib and Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light are designed with this in mind. Each crib folds into its own carrying case and each weigh in at exactly 13 lbs, carrying case included.
- Carrying case: The major difference in the portability of the two lies in the construction of the carrying cases.
The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light folds down into a briefcase-style bag that’s 19 x 23.5, and about 5.5 inches wide. The Lotus Travel Crib carrying case, on the other hand, measures in at 24 x 11, and just slightly wider at 7 inches.
The key difference, however, is the backpack-style construction of the Lotus Travel Crib bag. Hands-free carry is a life-saver when you’re toting baby through the airport, hotel, or any other place you may find yourself.
Portability Winner: Lotus Travel Crib
Setup and takedown are key when you’re on the go. Some trips may find you in a different city each night. The last thing you want when you arrive at a hotel with a tired baby late at night is to have to set up a complex travel crib.
Both the Lotus Travel Crib and the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light are built for speed of setup. When it comes down to it, you’re in luck with both—it’s only a matter of seconds that separate these two cribs. That said, the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light is just a tad faster than the Lotus Travel Crib when setting up.
The Lotus Travel Crib's setup is as simple as clicking, folding, and securing. Those seconds can add up, and getting your sweet little one into a comfortable sleeping position faster in their travel bassinet can be a game-changer.
Ease of Setup Winner: Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light
After a day of travel, quick and easy crib setup is essential.
Make your trip simpler with the Lotus Travel Crib.Shop Now
When it comes to your little one, we know that their safety is your number one priority.
Both the Guava Family Lotus Travel Crib and the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light meet all standard requirements for safety, including baby-friendly materials, safety standards for folding cribs, and national fire safety requirements.
But that’s not enough for us here at Guava Family. We take safety more seriously than any other travel crib company.
The Lotus Travel Crib is the only travel crib on the market to be GreenGuard Gold Certified, a rigorous testing standard that guarantees that the Lotus is non-toxic. This includes:
- Certified low VOC: We thoroughly test our crib for chemical emissions, guaranteeing a safe product for babies and toddlers.
- Non-Toxic: Can you believe that some travel cribs are made with toxic materials? Neither could we. We don’t use any PVC, lead, phthalates, formaldehyde, and heavy metals (including cadium, arsenic, mercury, and more).
- No flame retardants: Our Lotus Travel Crib meets all flammability standards without the use of any chemical flame retardants.
Safety Features Winner: Lotus Travel Crib
When it comes to your child’s safety and your own convenience, the Lotus Travel crib can’t be beat. With advanced design features, enhanced portability, easy setup, and unmatched safety features, the Lotus Travel Crib keeps your little one in comfort whether you’re at home or on the road.